If you or someone you know are feeling suicidal, please call 1-800-273-TALK(8255) now.
It is a 24-hour crisis-line devoted specifically to suicide and it connects you to someone in your local area.
We do not provide crisis counseling.


Last Blog as President

My Last Blog as President-
While I will still continue to blog on occasion I have a hunch that this blog has just not caught on for whatever reason, it wasn’t for my lack of trying. While I have mixed emotions of leaving this position with the Michigan Association for Suicide Prevention, mostly because not everything I wanted to finish is done. My deepest regret is not finishing our “Status of the State,” I suppose all of us at one time or another have had to do this pass something forward, so you can understand my feelings. This being the end of the year is my time for reflection, not just looking back but also to new beginnings and opportunities.
When someone tells you that “time can pass in the blink of an eye,” I know now what they mean, these last four years as MASP president has been some the most exciting and challenging. My tenure has been up-lifting and at times exhausting. We have moved the association into the twenty-first century with our web page at www.mas-masp.org . This was a long awaited goal of our organization and thanks to Ain, we now have this ability to reach out to help others. However change is every present and moves on, we need to look at facebook and other new media sites to enhance our ability to get our message out.
I realize I’m beginning to ramble on, so I will wrap this up. I’m glad to hand over the reins of president to Judi Rosen –Davis (past President so she knows what to expect) and also thank all of you for your support and tireless effort in the many events we shared over these years. No one does this alone (never has – never will) your support helped me get through the difficult challenges and your encouragement gave me the strength to carry forward. I will be forever grateful to all of you.
Wishing all of you the best that this New Year and new decade brings
Sincerely your President
Larry Lewis, MSW

No comments: